In the era of technological advancement and artificial intelligence, humans are still lagging in controlling the adverse impact of various life-threatening diseases.
Cancer is one such life-threatening disease that has profoundly impacted our lives.
Leukemia, or blood cancer, is another type of cancer that is rapidly taking a toll on our lives. It is the 10th most common type of cancer in the United States and is becoming extremely difficult to treat.
Leukemia treatment is available throughout the world and is also available in India.
On average, the leukemia treatment cost in India starts from Rs. 799200 and can vary due to various factors.
So, if you want to know more about the affordability of leukemia in India, then read this blog till the end!
What Exactly Is Leukemia Or Blood Cancer?
Leukemia, or blood cancer, is a disease in which abnormal cells rapidly grow in an individual’s bone marrow.
These are white blood cells, and there are multiple types of leukemia, which are common in both children and adults.
By the speed of disease advancement, leukemia can be of two types. Acute and chronic.
Acute leukemia grows rapidly in the body, whereas chronic leukemia develops over time.
Some common types of treatments for this condition can be:
- Targeted therapy
- Radiation therapy
- Bone marrow transplant
- T-cell therapy
What Factors Boosts The Risk Of Developing This Condition?
The exact cause of leukemia is still not fully understood; however, certain risk factors can play a vital role in the emergence of this condition.
These factors make people more vulnerable to developing this condition.
Some of these risk factors are:
- Genetic predisposition
- Genetic disorders such as Down syndrome
- Cancer history
- Exposure to hazardous chemicals
What Are The Symptoms Associated With This Condition?
Symptoms of this condition become evident as the disease progresses and can be difficult to notice in its earlier stages.
However, there are a few signs and symptoms that are experienced by the majority of people who get diagnosed with leukemia.
These signs are:
- Sweating at night
- Pale skin
- Sudden weight loss
- Joint pain
- Bone pain
- Easy tiring
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck and stomach
- Enlarged liver
How Affordable Is Leukemia Therapy In India?
Leukemia is a complex hematological disorder that can be difficult to treat.
Only a few countries around the world provide high-quality treatment under reasonable prices for this medical condition, and India is one of them.
On average, the leukemia treatment cost in India starts from Rs. 7,99,200 and can go up to Rs. 10,65,600 due to various factors. (USD 9592 to USD 12790)
For related procedures such as bone marrow transplant and bone marrow cancer, the expenses can range from Rs. 6,66,000 to Rs. 10,06,400. (USD 7993 to USD 12079)
The overall expense can vary because of many factors, such as the complexity of the case, accommodation charges, the choice of doctor and hospital, diagnostic tests, medications, food, and other facilities.
However, this expense is significantly lower than the average treatment cost of leukemia in developed countries such as the USA, where the cost for the first treatment year can be around USD 1,56,000.
Hence, the cost of leukemia treatments in India is highly reasonable and can easily be afforded by the majority of people!
Who Are The Best Hematologists In India For Leukemia Treatment?
Many doctors in India choose Hematology as their specialization and provide effective therapy to people suffering from complex conditions such as leukemia.
Some hematologic oncologists in India are highly distinguished and are known globally for their unique skills and great experience in the domain.
In this blog, we have compiled a short list of some of the best hematologists and cancer specialists in India to help you choose the best doctor for your leukemia treatment.
Hope it provides you help in availing the best treatment according to your budget and specific needs!
Dr. Pawan Kumar Singh
- Based in the country’s national capital, Dr. Pawan Kumar Singh is one of the best Hematologic Oncologists and Bone Marrow Transplant Surgeons in India.
- He has more than 14 years of experience treating patients with hematological disorders and has successfully conducted over 300 bone marrow transplants for conditions such as plastic anemia and thalassemia.
- He has also performed a successful Haplo BMT for SCID in an 8-month-old infant.
- Dr. Pawan has received various acknowledgments for his skills and has interests in areas such as BMT in both malignant and non-malignant hematologic disorders.
Dr. Chezhian Subash
- With a vast experience and knowledge of nearly 23 years in the field, Dr. Chezhian Subash is a highly distinguished Hematologist based in Chennai, India.
- He offers treatments in various areas, including bone marrow transplantation- alternate donor transplant, hematological oncology, myelomas and lymphoma, and mismatched transplants.
- He also offers treatments in areas such as dealing with hematology, general hematology, laboratory hematology, and transfusion medicine.
- He has received multiple awards for his valuable contribution and excellent skills, including the Dr. K. C. Paul Prize for expertise in clinical medicine in the year 1994.
Dr. Mallikarjun Kalashetty
- Dr. Mallikarjun Kalashetty is a distinguished hematologist based in Bangalore, India, with more than 14 years of experience in hematologic oncology.
- He has worked at various reputed medical institutes in the country and has gained valuable skills throughout his medical career.
- He has been recognized various times for his eminent skills and contributions, including a Gold Medal in DM-Clinical Hematology in 2011.
- His areas of expertise include treating hematological disorders such as bleeding disorders, leukemia, lymphoma, myeloma, thalassemia, anemia, thrombocytopenia, etc.
Dr. Vikas Dua
- Dr. Vikas Dua is one of the most renowned consultants in the domain of hematologic oncology, with nearly 21 years of experience in this field.
- He is based in Gurugram, India, and has wide expertise in areas such as pediatric pharmacology and bone marrow transplantation.
- Throughout his medical career, Dr. Vikas has conducted various successful attempts of BMTs for thalassemia and leukemia cases for children in countries such as Iraq, Afghanistan, India, and other African nations.
- He has also achieved numerous international and national awards for his extraordinary skills and valuable contributions to the field of medicine.
Hence, leukemia is a condition in which the bone marrow of an individual gets affected due to abnormal cell growth, causing severe reactions in the body.
Therapy for this condition is available globally, including in countries like India.
You should select India as your leukemia treatment destination, as India is home to some of the best cancer specialists in the world.
The leukemia treatment cost in India is also very inexpensive compared to other countries, making it the best option for your treatment!